So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
THINGS U SHOULDNT SAY TO AN ARTIST WHILE THEYRE DRAWING
SEE ALSO “WHY IS HE/SHE NAKED” iM NO T DONE YE T SMARTASS
"OMG WHY DOES IT HAVE BOOBS YOU PERV"
IT’S A GIRL I’M DRAWING A FUCKI GN GIRL.
"Why isn’t the rest of it shaded?" BECAUSE I’M STILL SHADING THE FUCKING FACE FUCK NUGGET
"Hey you missed that bit" DOES IT LOOK LIKE IM FCKINGNSM FINISHED U NIPPLE WANK
A lovely fuck-ton of animal paw references.
[From various sources]
That awkward moment when you can’t draw a good face to match your eyes
too often omg
who is she?
i sure as hell hope this one is a little more informative than the nose tutorial. beware of really bad handwriting and possible grammar mistakes.
i was asked to make an eye tut as well. you can find the nose tut right here; CLICK YO
i really hope i’ll be able to help at least a bit! cheers xxx
Tuesday Tips SUPER WEEK - Hands
This is the first post about hands. Other posts about hands in the future will cover “hands in relationship to the body”, “different characters, different hands”, “expressive hands” and “hands touching things”. If you have suggestions for Tuesday Tips, write me a personal message.
*sees good art*
*thinks I can art*
*tries to art*